tirsdag 18. juni 2013

2nd REVIEW

G.E.N.I., March 2, 2013
By
D. Cox
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: G.E.N.I. Genetically Enhanced Natural Intelligence (Kindle Edition)
First off, let me say I enjoyed this story very much. The first 2/3 of the book had plenty of action, taking place over the space of just a few days and the good guys were easy to get behind. The last third was slower and more predictable but it was still a fun read and I read it over the space of about three days.

Secondly, the 1 star reviewer should be ignored because he doesn't make sense. The author freely references McCaffrey midway through the book and not only gives you the impression there is a connection but does it in a way that makes one want to read the McCaffrey book(s), which I myself have not done. In addition, the reviewer tells the author to "get" a real son, as if you could just go to the corner store and pick one up. Not only is it a terrible choice of words, it doesn't make sense in the context of reviewing the book at all. I have no idea what he is talking about.

Thirdly, this is the only book listed by the author and a quick Google search didn't reveal any more books or any biographical info either. Maybe this is a one and done book for the author as something she always wanted to do. But there were plenty of plot points left open that easily could be expanded into a second book or series. I hope the author does so.


In summary, I hope neither the potential readers or the author is discouraged by an unwarranted 1 star review. This book is worth reading and the story is worth more writing

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar